Not school year round, just homework.
Proud Mama will brag about the fact that she is in a school for advanced children...but the Mama Bear in me wants to make it all go away so she can be a kid for a bit!
Don't get me wrong, spoiled brat takes vacations. Big ones. She also has a great-auntie who allows her to go to her beach house pretty much whenever she wants...but 85% of her time at home is spent doing school work.
In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit, it bothers me more than it does her. She is a smart cookie, she knows this is simply preparing her for her future.
Hubby and I discuss frequently, we should be pleased to have a child who knows what she has to do to get ahead in this competitive world, and just does it.
To make my self proclaimed nerd happy, I make her favorite foods, including this side from Recipe Girl.
1 Cup milk
½ Cup sliced onion
2 Cloves garlic (minced)
Dash of ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
⅓ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
⅓ Cup shredded Jarlsberg cheese
¼ Tsp salt
Pinch of red pepper flakes
6 Cups broccoli
1. Combine milk, onion, garlic, and nutmeg in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
2. Heat milk mixture until tiny bubbles start to form around edge.
3. Remove milk mixture from heat and let stand 15 minutes
4. Strain milk into a bowl, reserving milk. Discard solids.
5. Add strained milk and flour to pan, stirring with a whisk
6. Return to medium heat, cook two minutes, or until thick
7. Remove from heat. Add cheeses, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Keep warm.
8. Cook broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes or until crisp tender.9. Top with cheese sauce, serve immediately
Flour me with Love, Tumbleweed Contessa, Grace Langdon, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, A Southern Fairytale, A Pinch of Joy, The Modest Mom Blog, Huckleberry Love, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Uncommon Designs, Jambellish, A Mama's Story, The Chicken Chick, Boogieboard Cottage, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Skip to my Lou, April J Harris, Sew Can Do, Mom's the Word