Hubby is opposed to corn in almost anything, so we had a "pizza is on speed dial" compromise.
We all ate, and decided we liked it!
Changes I would make:
1. None of us were crazy about having the slaw on the sandwich. When I make it again, I will leave it off.
2. The slaw itself didn't have much flavor. I would boost the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
¼ Cup plain non fat yogurt
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tsp cider vinegar
½ Tsp hot sauce
⅛ Tsp salt
⅛ Tsp pepper
1 ½ Cup prepared coleslaw mix
½ Red pepper, diced
1 Lb ground beef
¼ Cup chopped onion
¾ Cup ketchup
½ Cup frozen corn
½ Cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
½ Cup tomato sauce
1-2 Tsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
½ Tsp cumin
¼ Cup chopped cilantro
¼ Tsp salt
¼ Tsp pepper
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in bowl
2. Add coleslaw mix and red pepper, toss to coat
3. Cover, refrigerate until ready to serve
1. Heat large non stick skillet over medium heat until hot.
2. Add beef and onion, cook, stirring occasionally
3. Pour off drippings
4. Stir in ketchup, corn, beans, tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, and cumin, bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes, stirring often
6. Stir in cilantro, salt, and pepper
7. Place meat mixture on bottom half, top with coleslaw, and top of bun.
Mixed and ready to go
Sloppy Joe Ingredients
Ready to eat!