I have a friend who lives in FL, and we are always trying to surprise each other with great things in the mail.
It makes for a smiley day, don't you think?
I had made these and packaged some up to send to her.
Needless to say, she was pleased!
She was even a good girl and decided to share with her man.
¼ Cup dry roasted peanuts
2 Lg granny smith apples (peeled, cored, and diced)
¾ Cup caramel sauce
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 (15 oz) package refrigerated pie crusts (softened)
12 caramels (unwrapped)
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Chop peanuts, set aside
3. Combine apples, ½ cup caramel sauce, and flour. Mix well.
4. Microwave apple mixture on high 5-6 minutes or until bubbling and thickened.
5. Stir apple mixture and set aside
6. Unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured surface
7. Using a cutter, cut 12 circles out of the dough
8. Press dough circles into a mini muffin pan
9. Repeat with other dough
10. Cut caramels in half. Place one piece in each dough cup.
11. Spoon apple mixture evenly into shells.
12. Sprinkle with peanuts
13. Bake 14-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown14. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce
This recipe was shared with:
Monday: Flour me with Love, Pioneer Momma, New Mama Diaries, Kitchen Table Art, Jam Hands, The Chicken Chick, Call me PMC, A Southern Fairytale, Inside Bru Crew Life, Pint Sized Baker, Feeding Big
Tuesday: Anyonita Nibbles, Mandy's Recipe Box, Chef in Training, The Country Cook, Yesterfood, Table for Seven
Wednesday: Recipes for our Daily Bread, Dizzy Busy and Hungry, Wine and Glue, Lady Behind the Curtain, Crafty Allie, Lemoine Family Kitchen, Buns in my Oven, Real House Moms, Ginger Snap Crafts, Mostly Homemade Mom
Thursday: Sweet Haute, Lamberts Lately, Saving 4 Six, It Bakes me Happy, Embracing Change, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Sweet Bella Roos
Friday: Craft Dictator, Play Party Pin, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Anyonita Nibbles, A Peek into my Paradise, Endlessly Inspired
Saturday: Six Sisters Stuff, Cheerios and Lattes, Will Cook for Smiles, The Better Baker, Coffee with us 3, Yummy Healthy Easy