Monday, November 3, 2014

BBQ Baked Onion Rings

I am headed out shopping with the girl child.
Know what is really great about her? I simply like her! Of course I love her, I am her mom...but she is a really good person inside.
She is fun to be with, always has interesting things to say. The girl has the ability to make me laugh like nobody else.
I am so incredibly fortunate to have my daughter be my BFF.

Not that we always get along, we are so similar, we butt heads....frequently.
Love conquers all though, and soon we are back to our happy ways!

I should totally buy her this for Christmas:


Ingredients:
1 Cup barbecue sauce
2 Large eggs (lightly beaten)
4 Tbsp all purpose flour
3 Cups panko bread crumbs
2 Large sweet onions (sliced into ½ inch rings)
Cooking spray


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place two baking sheets in the oven and allow them to preheat
3. Place bread crumbs in a bowl
4. In medium bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, eggs, and flour
5. Dip onion slice in the barbecue sauce mixture, shake off excess
6. Dip coated onion into bread crumbs, covering totally
7. Lay on a cool baking sheet.
8. Repeat until all onions are coated
9. Remove hot baking sheets from oven and spray lightly with cooking spray
10. Move coated onions to hot baking sheets
11. Spray coated onions lightly with cooking spray
12. Bake for about 6 minutes, or until golden
13. Turn each onion ring over.
14. Spray the other side with cooking spray
15. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes

Print






Recipe adapted from here

This recipe was shared with:
Monday:  Uncommon Designs      
Tuesday:     
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday: 
Saturday:
Sunday:

No comments:

Post a Comment