Monday, February 16, 2015

Spinach and Feta Quiche

You know the saying "real men don't eat quiche"?
I can vouch for hubby dearest being a manly man. He drinks beer, watches sports, scratches, and does hard labor all day long.
(um, yeah, hard labor makes it sound like he is incarcerated! No, he is a blue collar worker type man)

Hubby has a secret though....
He likes quiche.
Every kind I have ever made him, he has enjoyed. His favorite being this one.
It helps that he is a spinach/feta junkie.
I could probably get him to eat a boiled tire if I filled it with spinach and feta.

OK, now I just sound bizarre.
We do not eat tires....promise.

**NOTE** this is not an actual picture of hubby dearest

Ingredients:
1 Pkg frozen spinach (thawed)
½ Cup feta cheese
1 pie crust
6 Eggs
¼ Cup half and half
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease 9 inch pie plate
3. Roll pie crust out onto plate
4. Whisk egg and half and half until well mixed.
5. Add salt and pepper to egg mixture
6. Drain spinach, squeezing out all liquid
7. Line bottom crust with spinach and top with feta
8. Pour egg mixture over feta and spinach
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes until egg is set in middle
10. Let sit for a couple of minutes before serving.





This recipe was shared with:
Flour me with Love, Tumbleweed Contessa, Kitchen Table Art , A Southern Fairytale, A Pinch of Joy, Huckleberry Love, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Uncommon Designs, Jambellish, A Mama's Story, All Things Fee, The Chicken Chick, Boogieboard Cottage, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Skip to my Lou, Sew Can Do, Mom's the Word, The Modest Mom Blog, 21st Century Housewife, Pint Sized Baker, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Cornerstone Confessions                            





5 comments:

  1. I love feta and your quiche made with feta and spinach sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I love quiche, my husband does too :) Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you'll join us again this Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never put feta in a quiche, but I will have to try it now.

    found this on Lou Lou Girls Link Up

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks incredible! I'm licking my lips right now. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for taking the time to party with us. We hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. It wouldn't be a party without you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby likes quiche too :-) Your Spinach and Feta version looks really delicious - I'm always looking for recipes to help me eat more spinach! Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. Hope to 'see' you again this week :-)

    ReplyDelete