Monday, March 16, 2015

Sherry Cherry Tomatoes

We recently had a brunch for my sister in law, her hubby, my mother in law, and my aunt (in-law?).
It was really low key and nice...relaxing!

I was making the typical brunch type foods and really wanted something different. Something bright.
Then I remembered seeing something on the Salsa in China site about some cherry tomato side dish.

Tomatoes belong at brunch, don't you think?

Due to the amount of people, I doubled the recipe. I also used a mix of red and yellow cherry tomato, which made for a beautiful dish.
The aroma coming from this dish was intoxicating! The flavors were warm and delicious.
I will be making this again, as I feel it would pair well with anything!


Ingredients:

2 Tbsp olive oil

3 Cloves garlic (minced)

1 Small onion (finely chopped)

1 Pint cherry tomatoes

2 Tbsp dry sherry wine
1 Tsp sugar
½ Tsp salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Preheat a skillet over medium heat
3. Add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add cherry tomatoes, stir to coat well
5. Add sherry, sugar, and salt. Stir well.
6. Add everything to a small roasting pan. Cook for about 20 minutes.




This recipe was shared with:
Flour me with Love, Tumbleweed Contessa,Grace Langdon, A Southern Fairytale, A Pinch of Joy, The Modest Mom Blog, Huckleberry Love, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Uncommon Designs, Jambellish, A Mama's Story, All Things Fee, The Chicken Chick, Boogieboard Cottage, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Skip to my Lou, Mom Favorites, April J Harris, Sew Can Do, Moms the Word, The Multitasking Mummy, Pint Sized Baker, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Cornerstone Confessions, Lou Lou Girls, My Joy Filled Life, Yesterfood, Mandy's Recipe Box, Hope Studios, Kathe with an E, Hope in Every Season, Stone Gable BlogDizzy Busy and HungryMilk and CuddlesMy Girlish WhimsRaising HomemakersRecipes for our Daily BreadBuns in my OvenA Peek into my ParadiseGingersnap CraftsCrafty AllieThe Newlywed PilgrimageLemoine Family KitchenGooseberry PatchIvy and ElephantsFeeding BigGrace and Good EatsWhat's Cooking LoveSaving 4 SixMiz Helen's Country CottageLambert's LatelyEmbracing ChangeKatherine's CornerA Delightsome LifeThe Pin JunkieThe Grits BlogPlay Party PinDaily DishThe BetterBakerLove Bakes Good CakesCity of Creative DreamsLady Behind the CurtainDiary of a Real HousewifeCraft O ManiacThe Girl CreativeMorsels of Life,Coffee with us 3Sweet HauteCooking with Ruthie

6 comments:

  1. This looks tasty!! It's so nice to be able to enjoy a relaxing visit with family. Stopping over from "Mama Moments Mondays" link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that would go well with just about anything! I love tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty, what a great side dish! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This a Weekend? I hope you will join us again this Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious very nice, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredible! I'm drooling right now. Pinned and tweeted. We are so thrilled to have you at our party. Please stop by tonight at 7, so we can see your amazing projects. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete