Monday, September 28, 2015

Lemon Roasted Chicken Poupon

We had a bunch of friends coming over the other day and hubby wanted chicken wings. I have had this recipe cut out of a magazine, taped onto an index card, for about 15 years!
It was time to try it out.
It was originally made for a roasted chicken, but I feel the need to be different.

After I made them, I had my official taste tester...hubby...try one.
He said it wasn't quite enough flavor, so I made a second batch of sauce.

The girl child was brave enough to try the second basted batch and promptly went for seconds. (all in the name of science don't ya know)

Ingredients:
½ Cup Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
5 Lbs chicken wings
Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions:
1. Mix ¼ cup mustard, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and olive oil in a small bowl
2. Preheat oven to 425
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper
4. Brush chicken with mustard mixture
5. Place chicken on baking rack over cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes each side.
6. Mix ¼ cup mustard and 2 tbsp lemon juice
7. Brush mustard mixture over cooked chicken

Print





http://celebrateanddecorate.com/

8 comments:

  1. I'm licking my lips right now! Looks so good! Pinned and tweeted. We truly appreciate you taking the time to be a part of our party. Please stop by and party with us again. The party starts Monday at 7 pm and ends on Friday at 7 pm. Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yummy! Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop, pinning and tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh This just sounds amazingly delicious! I need to definitely try this recipe! I love to make my own chicken wings! Thank you for linking up with us at the Tips and Tricks Link Party! Make sure to come back and see us a little later on tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Lemon Roasted Chicken Poupon looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, and hope you have a great day.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds yummy! Hubby's a fan of Dijon and wings, so I'm thinking he'd love this recipe. :) You know it's gotta be good if you've hanged on to it for 15 years. :) Thanks for stopping by and sharing this recipe on Five Friday Finds! I'm looking forward checking out your recipe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks great to me too! Thanks for linking up over at the Country Fair Blog Party! Always nice to have you.
    Laurie - Co-Host

    ReplyDelete