Monday, January 18, 2016

Poppin Fresh Barbecups

Hi ho hi ho, it's off to the mall I go!

It's my yearly in-between birthdays mall trip with my friend and her daughter! Our lives are so crazy busy, we set a realistic goal of getting together 2 times a year. Any more is awesome, but 2 is obtainable.
Our birthdays are just a couple of months apart, so we pick a date just in between and meet for lunch and a mall crawl.

It's so much fun just wandering around and getting caught up.

Her daughter has been joining us since she was born...my girl, well, this is the first year she has bagged out on me.
A better offer came along.
She's a teen, I get it.
Seriously, very OK with it...like this OK

Just kidding. I really am all about her spreading her wings and being who she really is
(did I convince anyone?)

:::sigh:::

Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef
½ Cup barbeque sauce
¼ Cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Can junior flaky layered biscuits
½ Cup shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Spray 10 regular sized muffin cups with cooking spray
3. Cook beef and onions in skillet over medium heat, breaking up, until cooked through
4. Drain meat/onion mixture, return to pan
5. Add barbeque sauce and brown sugar.
6. Cook to blend flavors, stirring well
7. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in each muffin cup.
8. Firmly press into bottom and up sides
9. Spoon about ¼ cup beef mixture into each cup
10. Sprinkle with cheese
11. Bake 10-12 minutes or until biscuit edges are golden brown

Print




Recipe adapted from Pillsbury

Come party with me HERE!

6 comments:

  1. Yum! And they look so cute. Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasty made something like this a few weeks back, they are so cute the whole mini hand held food craze. Thanks for sharing on Lou Lou Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, we want them to spread their wings, but it's still hard to make the transition sometimes. Thank you for adding your post to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is hard when our teens decide to branch out on their own. My son is 23 now and I remember it vividly!! Your Poppin Fresh Barbecue Cups look really delicious though and I'm glad you had a good time with your friend. Shared. Thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will just love your Barbecups and I can't wait to try them.Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking this is a great recipe to try today! Love when I have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks for linking up at the Country Fair!

    ReplyDelete